Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Mystery - GREENE or BREENE

Editor's note: Today's post was posted by Sandra Gardner-Benward AND submitted by Carolee Jones


 
Are you looking for the death date and death certificate for a Mary E. BREENE? 
 

Several months ago I was searching the Texas Department of State Health Services Vital Statistics Index.  Listed was a M. E. GREENE with an April 10, 1929 death date.  There was a partial registration number shown as well as the county, Tarrant.  Thinking this was an excellent possibility for the information I was seeking on my paternal great-grandmother I ordered the death certificate at a cost of $25.00. 

The death certificate arrived and it was for a Mary E. BREENE not GREENE!  The index was in error for the last name since it was indexed for the GREEN and GREENE’s.  In addition, my Mary E. GREENE was not born in Bloomfield, Connecticut nor was her maiden name, MOODY. 

I am happy to share this unneeded death certificate with Mary E. BREENE’s family.  Just contact me through Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.  If you know the family of Mary E. BREENE please contact them so they can get in contact with Carolee.  


I don't imagine that this has happened to anyone else before!!


Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!